Move Smart! Learn Basic Moving Facts! Don't Make Foolish Mistakes!
Just a little amount of reading can prevent you from wasting time and money.
Just learning some basic hints and tricks can be very valuable.
Read all of the following moving tips.
Better yet, buy a "How to" book like the popular "Dummies" series.
These types of books provide a huge amount of necessary moving information.
Many of these books are sold in
Amazon's Library of Moving Books.
More about moving your belongings from point A to B. There is so much more about moving than is mentioned here, please review these items about auto transport, legality and mail forwarding.
• Auto Transport - Auto movers can help ease your move by shipping your car to your new destination.
• Legal / Illegal - Not everything is legal to move - Determine what items moving companies will not transport. Some common examples include:
- Personal valuables such as jewelry, important documents, furs, pets, and plants.
- Hazardous items such as paint, cleaners, aerosol cans, gasoline, etc...
- Flammables, explosives and corrosives including ammunition and firearms, fireworks or flares, gasoline, kerosene, motor fuel and lamp oil, oil based paints, thinners and varnishes, lighter or starter fluid, fire extinguishers, nail polish remover, bleach, sterno, aerosol cans, and matches can not be transported.
• Mail Forwarding - The United States Postal Service will forward mail for a year, but you want to change your address with suppliers as soon as possible.
If you have further questions or comments regarding more about moving, go to the moving blog to search the archives for more answers, post your questions and share your experiences. The moving community would love to hear from you! ↑Top